Monday, December 30, 2013

Tufted Titmouse

Take a close look at this Tufted Titmouse. Yes, those are ice crystals on this little guy.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

If you are coming in from the Wild Bird Wednesday link, I encourage you to go to my home page and scroll down to see the recent wild birds I have posted over the last few days. And check back throughout the next few days. I am in Palm Springs, California and I’m meeting up with some old friends; Rock Wren, Costa’s Hummingbird, Hutton’s Vireo, Western Bluebird and Virden, just to drop a few names. I’ll begin post from California on Wednesday.

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week!

14 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Great pictures! They rarely make it very far north of Lake Erie in Ontario; I've only ever seen one.

Kelly said...

...sweet, sweet photos. I love these little guys!

Dave said...

wonderful shots again Steve. I do feel for the birds in cold weather, however we know deep down they would rather be outside in the cold while we are in with a cuppa and a pair of binoculars....lol

Have a fab 2014

Dave

Roy Norris said...

Hope he survives the Winter Steve.
Have a great 2014.

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Nice pictures .. I wish you a happy 2014 .. Kisses from Spain

bettyl-NZ said...

What a pretty little thing! Lovely colors, too.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Beautiful bird!!! I keep thinking that winter must be harsh on these tiny feathered friends. Your images prove it.

Happy New Year.

Carole M. said...

such a dear little bird and very photogenic; great photos. It amazes me how they endure the COLD conditions like they do and still look so good

Neil said...

Great photos Happy New Year.

Karen said...

Cutest birds ever. Happy New Year!

Margaret Adamson said...

HI Steve Thank you for following and commenting on my blog during 2013 and I very much enjoyed all your posts. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU. It is amazing how these birds survive with ice crystals on them!

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet, they are so sweet. Beautiful images. Happy New Year~

HansHB said...

Great serie of photos!
Happy New Year to you!

Gunilla Bäck said...

Wonderful shots of this cute little bird. Happy birding 2014!

Related Posts with Thumbnails