Saturday, December 7, 2013

Are your Picasa photos looking like crap on Blogger?

Yesterday I had posted a shot that I took a while back, and when I saw it on SMU, well, it looked like crap. I had noticed that when I posted my White-winged Crossbill banner after Thanksgiving, it looked awful. I had to go through some gyrations to get it to look the way I produced it. In fact, I first noticed a problme when I put up my wild turkey banner for the Thanksgiving season. But the photo below is totally unacceptable.

GoodHarbor-27Jan06 013-3

When I saw my photo looking like this, I was seeing red and it wasn’t because of the sunrise. I went up to my Picasa web albums where my SMU photos are posted to the server and found other photos altered. Needless to say, I had to find out why or find a new service.

I went up to the photo looked over the tools to look for a hint. Hey what’s this “ENHANCED”? Not seeing anything obvious, I clicked “More”

image

Hey, what’s this “Auto Enhance”?

image

Are you kidding me?

image

I clicked “Off” and got back my original.

image

Now I have posted literally thousands of photos on SMU. I cannot go through each and every one! What’s the answer?

You can globally turn off Auto Enhancement in Picasa. First log into your Google account.

Next go to https://www.google.com/settings/plus and scroll down and find Auto Enhance and turn it off.

image

That should do the trick! Don’t panic if your image on Blogger does not correct instantly. It should in a hour or so when the server refreshes.

I hope the is helpful.

3 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Thanks, Steve! I had noticed problems in the middle of November and decided my camera settings were off. Some times the blacks were awful or the colors way enhanced. The originals looked great but the web photos were fake looking. Thank you so much for your help. Have a great weekend!

John @ Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Okay, this is weird. I just made a post earlier today on the very same thing! Looks like one hour before yours. Something was going on between us at the same time clean across the entire country. - cue Twilight Zone music here -

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Wow.. thanks, Steve.. and John!
I noticed a difference in my images before and after posting. I thought it was my monitor or some setting in Photoshop. I'll definitely check my Picasa settings.
Thanks again!
And gorgeous capture!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails