Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wig-wag Studebaker

Now this is one sweet ride. A 1938 Coupe Express Pickup. Okay, now I’m not much of a gear-head, but back in those days, weren’t all pickups coupes? Just sayin’.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
I shot this car at the 2013 Hemmings Motor News Concours d’Elegance in Saratoga Springs.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
It has a 226 cu.in. flathead six, three-speed floor shift with o.d. The motor delivers 90 horsepower. But the coolest is the wig-wag tail light. Yes, when you put your foot on the brakes, the lantern swings like a pendulum. Wigwags were common railroad crossing lights back in the day.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky

This is Jerry, a friendly guy that wanted to be sure that I got a look inside.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
Very clean, very clean.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
I thought this would be a good opportunity to take a shameless self portrait.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
Excellent truck, Jerry. Thanks for showing it!
If you have a car guy or gal in you life, why not get them a 2014 calendar?

5 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I used to have a '38 Chevrolet pickup but it had nothing near the class this Studebaker does. I had never seen that type of tail light either. Thanks for showing this.

Dave said...

Smart cars, but the rear lights are completely new to me.

I should do a classic car show.... has got me thinking now Steve

JUAN FUENTES said...

La fotogrfia és un arte,cada fotografo lo interpreta a su manera
Enhorabuena

Kelly said...

...cool! I love that truck!

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Steve. Love the trucks. Great condition.

Related Posts with Thumbnails