Friday, November 8, 2013

Forgotten Photo Friday, Gulls will be gulls

Normally I show the gulls in a good light on SMU, but as we all know, Gulls are opportunistic troublemakers. Their motto is “have dumpster, will dive”.

untitled-35 March 13, 2012-191

This juvenile Glaucous Gull was a hoot. He thought he was the Cock-of-the-Rock. He puffed himself up and tried to intimidate the Herring gulls.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Okay, I thought that he had quite the set of stones. I was goofing around on the computer and actually made a graphic for my coffee mug.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

This Great Black-backed Gull found himself a flounder rack.

Great Black-backed Gull 2-21-2011 1-53-02 PM

Much to my surprise, he horked it down! Hey buddy, did you even taste it?

Great Black-backed Gull 2-21-2011 1-53-18 PM

Below is a gull that I was hoping would strike a pose by so I could send off a handsome picture to our friends at Good Morning Gloucester.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Ah, Homie. Come on buddy.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Here is an adult Great Black-backed Gull showing junior who’s da’ boss.

Great Black-backed Gull 4-21-2009 10-13-36 AM

It is hard to tell exactly what is going on here, but a fisherman was casting with a chunk of herring for bait. These two Great Black-backed gulls decided that it was manna from heaven.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

And what do you do with a gift from the gods? Why, you fight over it, of course.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Nice one Steve. Enjoyed this post for a few reasons. Gulls are just so photogenic that they make for good perusal anytime, but particularly like the behaviour shots, not to eveyones liking but I think the antics they get upto are fun.

The best of the bunch though is the Glaucaus, I have only ever seen one once here in the UK, and I had to travel 4 hrs to see it... happy days.

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Steve. This is a great series of fun shots of the varied gulls. I do like Gulls and I see them all the time as I live by the sea.

Roy Norris said...

Great action shots Steve.{:))

Phil Slade said...

I think you captured gulls' mischevious behaviour only too well Steve. Not everyone appreciates gulls but they are always good value for photos and simply watching. Love the "Big Guys" the Glauc shots - wish we saw a few more here in West Lancashire.

Related Posts with Thumbnails