Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dealing with the post foliage blues

Yah, no kidding. The clocks turned back an hour, the sun goes down at 4:30 and the foliage is spent. We’re heading into stick season. It’s like my photographic mojo just shuts down this time of year. I’ve been dreading putting together a post for today. It’s the digital sensor version of writer’s block. Then I just decided to not take it so seriously and go back to Hemmings Motor News Concours D’elegance photo shoot and see what I could find.

So I was shooting this hood ornament on a 1934 Hupmobile Model 427T Aerodynamic Saloon as a possible candidate image for a calendar that I was putting together when a glimmer of turquois caught my eye.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

No kidding, check out the bumper on the car behind the Hupmobile. Just imagine that dancing off of the chrome. How cool is that? Of course, my photographic centric mind started clicking. I had to find out what that color dancing around in my image is all about.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

How cool is that! This couple owns a 1956 Buick Special. I just had to photograph them. I was so taken by the colors that I forgot to get more photos of that gorgeous Hupmobile.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

They apologized for not having a placard for their car. The organizers forgot to print one for them so they told me all about their car. Check out this little architectural detail on this ride. That is a functioning air scoop.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Buick did this for a very limited time, less than a year. It turns out that the cars with the function air scoop actually got more horsepower out of the engine. For some reason that was a bad thing?

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Taking care of the car.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Oh yah, the Hupmobile, here it is! Nice. Real nice.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

It certainly is fun to look back in time!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

You can make posts like these all winter long and I'll be happy.

Roy Norris said...

Your "Seasonal Affective Disorder" has kicked in now already then Steve. {:))
Amazing rich paintwork on those old cars.

Dave said...

Lovely post Steve..... Winter blues will always be upbeat if you keep visiting shows like this.

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Very interesting shots! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails