Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

It is that time of year when there is frost on the pumpkin. Halloween marks the end of foliage season here in the Atlantic North East. Normally each year at this time I take you to the grave yards and burying grounds in the region to show you funerary art.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

If there is one thing that I’ve noticed, it is that some of New England’s best colored trees can be found in grave yards and cemeteries.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

If you’d like to see some of the headstones from the area, just click the Graveyard Shift link. In those posts you will find a rich history of gravestones from Boston, Essex, Ipswich, Salem and Manchester by the Sea plus other locations.

5 comments:

Arija said...

So lovely taking a stroll with you through the graveyard and seeing the splendour of the New England fall. I miss our times in Vermont even more when I see these wonders. Thank you for the nostalgia trip Steve and have a Happy Halloween!

Ileana said...

Great autumn colours!
Happy Halloween!

eileeninmd said...

Steve, I think you found a great place for the beautiful Autumn trees. I will have to check out the cemetery here. Wonderful photos. Have a great weekend and happy skywatching!

acreativeharbor.com said...

Wonderful New England seasonal photography ~ well done and fascinating ~ thanks, carol, ^_^

Laura said...

Beautiful photos of Autumnal New England! I'm so grateful I live here!!!

Please consider yourself officially invited to participate this year's 5th Annual Gratitude (word) Quilt. Instructions (it is very simple) and a link that explains the origin of the word quilt can be found at the top of my blog. In past years there have been participants from every continent except Antarctica. I hope you'll join us:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails