Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bubble Cars

Today I have a follow up post for yesterday’s Andy Warhol’s Art Car with another BMW. The Isetta is an Italian designed car that was built in several countries. BMW started mass-producing these in 1955 and sold 161,728 of these cars. Three liters of gas will get you 100km in one of these. ©2013 Steve Borichevsky

The Isetta above is on display at the Saratoga Automobile Museum. Below are two Isettas that participated in the Hemmings Motor News Concorurse d’Elegencance held in Saratoga Springs this past September.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

My, oh my. The police budget must have been tight in Germany back in the ‘60s.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

I though the I finally found a Beemer that I could afford until I did a little research. The owners that have them for sale are asking for some serious change.

2 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Oh I wanted to see that motorcycle so bad...then finally you showed it and the end. Whew, thank you.

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Steve Loved seeing this small car. I wonder is this the same as we had here - the Bubble car? I had a friend who had one in the 60's and he gave me a ride in it. that brought back memories for me. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails