Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bennington Battlefield Park, Walloomsac, New York

©2013 Steve BorichevskyRt 67A travels along the Walloomsic River in Walloomsic, New York. Along the stretch just outside of Bennington, Vermont is a small park that was part of the Bennington Battlefield. The Battle of Bennington was the turning point of the American Revolution. On my way back from visiting my parents in upstate New York, I decided to take little side trip.

The road goes about a half mile up Walloomsac Mountain. There are a couple of monuments and some picnic areas. But best of all, there are some beautiful maples there.

I’m really enjoying he fall colors this year. Last year was lack-luster and the year before, Hurricane Irene dumped salt water across all of New England. I’m so happy that there some beautiful places to go for the people that spend big buck to come from far away places to see this stuff.

When I was a kid growing up in Vermont, we used to make fun of the leaf-peepers that came up from Massachusetts. Harrumph. Now I’ve grown up to be one myself. (Yes, there is a little boy three feet behind my head laughing at me.  It’s just another one of those lessons of life.)

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

2 comments:

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Beautiful light and colors.. Nice Autumn.. Cheers

Margaret Adamson said...

Wow! The colours of all that foliage is magnificent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails