Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Black-capped Chickadees in Gray Birch

These are my little buddies. After the House Finches and American Gold Finches have gobbled the feeders dry, the Black-capped Chickadees are the first to greet me when I get home from work and fill the feeders again.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

They will fly onto the feeder stand, chatter something at me, grab a seed and go off into the woods. Where are the Goldfinches and House Finches? They will hang out in the maple tree across the yard and eye me until I’m gone. Then they belly up the to feed trough.

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday this week!

6 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Really pretty!

eileeninmd said...

The chickadees are so cute, great captures!

Karen said...

Such sweeties, great shots in their natural surroundings!

Margaret Adamson said...

So cute.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Beautiful shots of this cute little bird.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Gorgeous little characters. They look so cute among the leaves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails