Saturday, September 14, 2013

2K!

This is my 2000th post, but who’s counting?
Now I’ve become known for posting birds, bugs and boats, but this blog is much more than that. It is a personal challenge to come up with a photo or two that folks can come up here and maybe forget about their troubles for fifteen or twenty seconds.
I did some random walking about the blog to see what I posted that was out of the categories of birds, bugs and boats. Here is the Portland Head Light, one of the most photographed lighthouses, just ask anyone from Portland, they’ll tell you.
 
This is how we ride here in New England. This is in East Gloucester, Massachusetts with the Thacher Island twin lights in the background. 
Now I don’t use magenta filters. They are not my speed. They don’t look natural. This is 100% Ma Nature illuminating Eastern Point Light in Gloucester, Massachusetts.

Shooting the moon is always a challenge. Shooting an interesting shot of the moon is not as easy as it seems. Here is the full moon getting tangled in the rigging of the Frendship in Salem, Massachusetts.

And talk about being freaking lucky! I just happened to be at the right place at the right time to get this superperigee moon rising over Thacher Island in Rockport, Massachusetts.

Ah, the greasy pole competition. Every year at the end of June, the Italian community in Gloucester puts on Saint Peter’s fiesta. One of the sporting competitions is the Greasy Pole.

Every Halloween, (just about) I scour the historical burying grounds to find unique headstones.

One of the cool things that you can do here on Cape Ann is go out whaling. We’ve done that too. 

I’ve taken you out leaf peeping in the fall. 
But it isn’t all New England (or the Atlantic North East as I call it), I’ve taken you to far away, exotic places like China,…
IMG_0073
Nashville, Tennessee…

and Boston’s North End.

We’ve checked out some really sweet rides like this one in Charlottetown, PEI.
IMG_0012
Speaking of sweet rides, check out this Rolls. Every year at this time, I send out a query to everyone. I shot this photo of a film crew in Townsend, Vermont. I gave one of the production crew my card and asked him to send me the name of the film that they were shooting and I’d promote it. He said that he would and then stiffed me. It was supposed to be about some author or poet. Now I’ve been stuck with a mystery!

We’ve made big waves here at SMU.


I know that there are lots of folks out there peeping in every day. I’ve had stranger walk up to me on the street (or dock) and ask me, “Hey, are you Steve?” The coolest was when I we walking along the street between buildings where I work and a woman rolled down her window and shouted, “I love your blog!”. Anyway, my point is that it your participation, whether a commenter or a silent passer by, is greatly appreciated.
As always, thanks for stopping by my humble little blog. I’ve got to go now. It is Saturday and I need to get some content for the week.
Best regards,
Steve

9 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

2000?!! Good grief, I just turned over 1000 and I've had my blog one year long than you. I am such a slacker! That is a great collection on photos and I never knew Rolls rolled out a woody. Congrats on #2000. Best I get on it!

Roy Norris said...

Congratulations on your 2K Steve.
Now really, you have become known and are followed by many of us for taking and posting great images like these in this post. Also for your advice on photography generally. Here's is to the next 2K.

Richard said...

Congratulations on reaching the 2K mark. I'm only slightly ahead of you but your photos sure cover a wider range then mine.

Carol Mattingly said...

You ave a fantastic area to document. Congrats on 200! Have a fantastic weekends snapping.

Margaret Adamson said...

HI Steve Congratulation. I was wondering how many years did it take to reach 2,000 posts? I am a baby at this game and have a long way to go. I love the selection of shots you chose to share with us on this occasion. Many thanks

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Superb pictures.. Cheers!!!..

The Furry Gnome said...

I do really enjoy your blog among those I visit, even if I don't always comment. Love some of these pix, and the variety of topics. Congrats on #2000!

Holly Myers said...

Love you blog Steve. Congrats on 2K!! I just recently blogged about the lighthouse in your fist pic in the post. I see you have it being in Massachusetts. Is it the Portland Headlight just outside Portland Maine (Cape Elizabeth) instead? Maybe there are lots of similarity instead? I wouldn't have pointed it out except I had just posted on this too. I know I've gotten things mixed in the past. My post on it is at -- http://hymyers.blogspot.com/2013/09/portland-headlight-cape-elizabeth-maine.html

Steve Borichevsky said...

Yup, that is Portland, Me, up by Cape Elizabeth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails