Saturday, August 3, 2013

You otter check this out

©2013 Steve BorichevskyIt’s always a toss-up. Do I try to find some place new or do I go to a place I’ve been before? I’ve been to the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary many, many times. What possibly could be new and exciting there? If I go somewhere I’ve never been before, maybe I’ll see something I’ve never seen before. But then, I’ve learned that if you shoot the same theme or location often enough, I become disciplined and take better photos. On the flip side, if you go to the same locations time and time again, sooner or later something’s bound to turn up. Especially like a crazy wild place like the Ipswich River Sanctuary.

This is just what happened last Saturday. I was walking along the path to the Rockery pond and I noticed that the reeds were rustling rather vigorously. I’ve seen muskrat and beaver in the pond, so I just got ready to see what would surface. It turned out to be a family of River Otters!

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Mama popped up and started grunting, sniffing and snorting.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Tow of the pups.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

With all that slipping and splashing, there must be a half dozen of them!

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

But I could only account for four in the photos.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Hmmmm….where should I go today?

Be sure to visit Camera Critters for more animal photos from around the world.

6 comments:

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Steve Well that was the right location for you and great shots of the Otters.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, very cool seeing the otters. You were in the right place at the right time. Great shots, Steve!

Roy Norris said...

Brilliant images Steve.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Wonderful shots of the otters. They're adorable.

A New England Life said...

Those have to be some of the cutest photos you've ever taken, Steve!!! I love the little green faced one! Awesome capture.

DeniseinVA said...

How cool is that? And very exciting to see this adorable otter family. Thank you Steve, I love your photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails