Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wrapping up the Dragon Season

As the dragon season winds down in Massachusetts I find that I didn’t get as many species as I usually do. I missed out on a lot of the early season bugs. But last Sunday I did find a late season Twelve-spotted Skimmer. She gave me a few scenes to chose from.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Darners can be particularly difficult to photograph unless you happen to be good a catching them on the wing, which I am not. I saw this Lance-tipped Darner land in the shadow of a Wisteria arbor and I was lucky enough to get a shot off.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Later on the walk, I saw another land on a dead tree on the edge of the swamp. Getting two opportunities to shoot these darners is quite fortuitous.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to check out Camera Critters this week.

5 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh Steve...these are GREAT!!!

eileeninmd said...

Awesome shots of the dragonflies, Steve!

Ateliê Tribo de Judá said...

Olá Steve,
As libélulas são de frágil beleza.
Belas imagens, encantadoras!
Desejo-lhe um lindo final de semana.
bjs
Joelma

Gunilla Bäck said...

Gorgeous shots!

Pia said...

Great shots of the dragonflies! Lucky you to have them so close.

Related Posts with Thumbnails