Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Evening Creature Feature, Common Wood-nymph

Some butterflies have cool names such as Admiral, Viceroy, Skipper, Satyr, and Elfin for example. Here is the Common Wood-nymph. I’ve been out several times this year and have seen them energetically flitting about the meadow/woodland boarders. It was getting a bit frustrating as they would not settle down. I did manage to snipe this one.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

As luck would have it, once I got one in the can, I was able to catch a pair doing the bird’s and the bees thing.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Two’s company, three’s a crowd.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to check out Camera Critters this week.

6 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

I've seen a few also, but like you said, they won't come to rest for me. Great photos!

Poetic Shutterbug said...

The details on these shots are absolutely amazing. Very nicely done

eileeninmd said...

Very pretty! Wonderful captures, Steve!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Such a lovely capture. I like the colors.

bailey-road.com said...

Wonderful captures of this very pretty butterfly.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Lovely shots of the butterflies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails