Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The same scene 45 years later

Behind the grist mill in Arlington, Vermont runs a brook that cascades down the hill and flows towards the Batten Kill and eventually into the Hudson River.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

As a boy I used to play in a similar brook behind my home. We built dams to escape the summer heat. We drank the water, threw rocks, climbed trees, rode bikes without helmets, walked to school with out an adult and played in the woods. Yes those were the days when if we got spanked at school, we got spanked again when we got home…harder. It was a good life. That’s not my bother and me in this picture. 45 years ago, it would have been the same scene.

4 comments:

Ana Mínguez Corella said...

Great scenary.. So beautiful. Cheers!!!..

Arija said...

Those truly were the days when playgrounds were not made of plastic and there were jungle gyms to climb and get splinters from the wooden beams.
Spending long summer days outdoors, squatting in the clear brook water and watching all the little live things that make their life there for hours and hours.
I am so lucky that even my grandchildren could grow up on the farm and get dirty to their heart's content.

Amazing wonders in my life said...

love it...

Cheri said...

These photos are truly beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails