Thursday, July 18, 2013

Spicebush Swallowtails

I saw what might have been a Monarch or a Viceroy flittering about in the landscaping. By the time I got my gear and got outside, it was gone. But as luck would have it, there were two Spicebush Swallowtails flittering about in another part of the garden.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Of course, you got to work fast, and my instincts lined me up for the perfect distance for one large butterfly…

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

but there are two, so I had to back it up a bit.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

There was no time to perfect the metering. It’s a good thing that I shoot RAW! I could make exposure adjustments in the “dark room”.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Fun time’s over.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

The male went off into the bushes to catch some sun.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

OH I LOVE!!!!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Oh what beauties.

Kay said...

Fantastic photos! Great capture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails