Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth Of July!

Here is the backstory for this image. I have the week off from work so I decided to go out and spend a few days with my folks in upstate New York. Along the way, or I should say, a little bit out of the way is a town called Arlington, Vermont. I uses to spend time there when I was younger. I wanted to see if the “Candle Mill” was still in business. Now mind you, this was stretching back to my formative years, so the chances were pretty slim. But what I wanted to do was to take a picture of “The World’s Biggest Candle” which used to be in this building.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Well, the Candle Mill is no longer in business and now it is the Gristmill Antiques dressed up for the 4th. Closer in town is the Arlington Depot which used to be part of the Rutland Railroad.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

7 comments:

Judy said...

That mill is an interesting building!!!

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Steve sometimes it is good to go back, other times it can be disappointing. I am sure the antique shop was good though. Margaret

Carol Mattingly said...

Beautiful old buildings. love them.

Frank said...

Well, I guess no business lasts for ever but at least the buildings retain their history.

Kay said...

Happy 4th to you too

Roy Norris said...

What a great building Steve looks to have loads of character.

Shirley said...

Hi Steve. I'm so glad to see these historical buildings being preserved. How fitting to share this for the 4th of July!

Related Posts with Thumbnails