Monday, July 8, 2013

Farm in Clifton Park, New York

I spent a few days with my parents in Upstate New York. There is a beautiful farm that I’ve always wanted to photograph and never was on the scene in good light. This trip I got out early enough to catch the morning light. The out buildings are an unusual color, not the deep iron oxide red that most barns are painted.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

In this area, it was a tradition to put the year on the roof. In this case the years were tiled with red slate shingles. These red shingles came from a quarry from my old stomping grounds in along the Vermont-New York boarder. Actually, all of the slate did now that I think about it.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

I think I’ll have to take a trip out to the slate region and shoot some quarries.

Be sure to visit Our World Tuesday.

9 comments:

ClickNCamera said...

Great post! Love the first shot!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I like the idea of dating the buildings.

Judy said...

That is an unusual colour!!! the first image is my favourite!!

Gary said...

Great shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific capture, Steve, and what great barns! How interesting that they date them!!

eileeninmd said...

It is a beautiful farm, love the barns with the dates. The last shot is my favorite, I love seeing the field with the barn in the background! Lovely photos.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the idea of dates embedded in the roof tiles! Very clever! And certainly does not detract from the beauty of the buildings and its surrounds! Gorgeous photos!

Fun60 said...

Love the idea of putting the date on the roof. The way they have done it means it is an integral part of the design.

Noel Morata said...

what a scenic place, first time I've seen someone paint of the roof outside of Europe, quite inventive

come and link up with us on Travel photo Mondays....

Related Posts with Thumbnails