Monday, June 10, 2013

Apfelwein

Apfelwein is a German form of cider that is made from apples. It is fermented with yeast and has an alcohol content of about 6%. Apfelwein is traditionally served in a “geripptes” which is a glass with a lozenge cut pattern. All that set aside, it is a very refreshing beverage that complemented the German meal that I had, and since I speak absolutely no German, I will not tell you what I had, but it was very tasty traditional fare.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Also quite delicious was the light pouring inside the restaurant from outside. I was glad I had a camera.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

 

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

 

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Visit Our World Tuesday to see what’s going on in other peoples’ lives.

6 comments:

Arija said...

Beautiful shots Steve. You've got me wondering what you ate, Apfel Wein goes well with pork.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful shots, Steve! I love the shadows in the tavern?

Betty Luckhurst said...

Well shot! The light is wonderful as is the architecture.

ladyfi said...

These shots are simply beautiful!

Dana said...

Beautiful shots! I love the light in the second one.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Gary said...

Great tour!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Related Posts with Thumbnails