Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Willet in breeding plumage

Friday afternoon I scampered over to Crane’s Beach to see if I could find a bird or two. What I found were some Willets. It threw me for a bit of a loop because I’m not uses to seeing them in their eastern form breeding plumage. It is a bit different that what I’m used to in a Willet. Enjoy.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to visit Wild Bird Wednesday for more birds from around the globe.

7 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos Steve!

Frank said...

Super views Steve. I guess you are really enjoying this new habitat.

Terri said...

Cool shots- I haven't seen this one before.

Stewart M said...

I dont get to see too many waders in breeding plumage - they are with us for the summer, but its their non-breeding period.

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Arija said...

It looks like a hard to spot bird.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Wonderful series!

Neil said...

Great series.

Related Posts with Thumbnails