Sunday, May 12, 2013

Osprey update

I know, life goes on. The sun will rise in the east and set in the west. It’s not the end of the world, but I was surprised how I had adjusted my day when the Osprey arrived.

Each morning when my feet hit the floor, I would go over to the spotting scope the check on the platform. On Saturday, May 4th in the afternoon, I saw the Osprey do the birds and the bees thing on the platform. That was odd because I had not seen that since they were tending the nest.

Sunday morning, the nest was empty. No one was on the nest. That was all she wrote. The nest has failed. The pair return to the platform less frequently, and a week later…I have not seen either all day.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Yes the sun will still rise over the platform, but it won’t be the same.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a real shame Steve. I wonder why they didn't stay? Any thoughts?

Roy Norris said...

Thats a great shame Steve.
Great flight shots.

Kelly said...

Oh no..... :-(

CabinGirl said...

How sad, Steve. Wonder if there still isn't time for a new pair to take it over? Keeping fingers crossed for you (and the ospreys)...

Related Posts with Thumbnails