Sunday, April 21, 2013

Three Sparrows

I’m surprised that we still have a pair of American Tree Sparrows in the yard. I would think that they should be taking off for Canada for the breeding season.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
A new spring arrival is the Swanp Sparrow. This one was foraging in the marsh.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
Finally, we have about three pair of Song Sparrows.
©2013 Steve Borichevsky
©2013 Steve Borichevsky

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great series on your sparrows. I love the Tree Sparrow shots. But, they are all awesome.

TonyC said...

Nice shots steve. ah spring, yes, I remeber that season - still a way to go till spring down here!!

CabinGirl said...

Saw my 1st Chipping Sparrow of the season just the other day, too! We still have a few Tree Sp around - weird migration year...

Shirley said...

very cute

Judy said...

I can't tell sparrows apart, and I am always impressed by people who can...
BTW, I do like the mental image I get of the sparrows heading north for the breading season, rather than the breeding season... Is breading better than batter...

Related Posts with Thumbnails