Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Great Horned Owlet update.

Saturday morning, I stopped by my friends’ home to check out on how the owlets were doing. From my visit a couple of weeks ago, I knew that there are two, but could only see one.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky©2013 Steve Borichevsky

It wasn’t until I got into the darkroom that I spotted the second one! They are definitely getting bigger. They are moving out of the nest to get a little exercise now.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

They are doing quite well. Julie popped came out and we chatted a bit. We could he the mother calling to the chicks with a low and quiet hoot, but we couldn’t see her. Then she flew out and landed in another white pine, right in the sun.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky©2013 Steve Borichevsky

She’s looking a little sleepy at 7:00 in the morning after being out hunting all night long.

Visit Wild Bird Wednesday to see more birds from around the world.

8 comments:

Arija said...

Steve, I am so jealous, jealous, jealous!!!! I haven't seen an owl for the longest time. This little family are a treat and a sight for sore eyes.

mick said...

Great photos. The young ones are so cute and you were very lucky to have the adult fly out and sit in the sun.

HansHB said...

Lovely photos!
Nice to see!

eileeninmd said...

Love the cute owlets, adorable photos.

Karen said...

What amazing camouflage!

Gunilla Bäck said...

It's very difficult to see the owl. The owlets are adorable.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Beautiful GHO images. Those Owlets are so cute and shall soon be fierce, like the adults...tigers of the jungle here;')~

Judy said...

They owlets are getting big!!! I love those images of Mom!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails