Friday, April 26, 2013

Forgotten Photo Friday, Sharp-shinned Hawk.

I took these photos on May 22, 2011 in Huntington Beach, California. It just so happens that yesterday I was in the front yard watching the Osprey when I heard a swoosh go by my head. A Sharpie can in to take out one of the smaller birds that were hanging about me. It was a brown alert moment (the second this week!). He swooped back into the woods and took off by the time I got my camera up to my face. So these will have to suffice.

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

©2011 Steve Borichevsky

It took me and the other birds by surprise. I’ve had accipiters come overhead many times when I’ve been near chickadees. The chickadees have always given out a warning call that sounds like a high pitched tsee-tsee-tsee which means “Accipiter! Take cover!” This time we all missed it. Luckily for my little buddies, no one got hit.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Much better images than I am able to get!!! I love to see the larger birds flying!!!

Dan Huber said...

Wonderful photos Steve

Related Posts with Thumbnails