Thursday, April 11, 2013

Checkin’ in on the Love Birds

This is the Osprey platform at dawn. We’ve been having some nice sunrises lately. Yes, this is what I wake up to every morning.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Later in the day, I noted that the female was off the platform and on the ground. This is not unusual for the Osprey, but she had blood underneath and she was standing on one leg for 45 minutes.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Okay, I know you must be wondering how I knew it is the female and how I knew that she was standing on one leg. Well, I was watching her through my spotting scope for 45 minutes straight. I was trying to determine if she was injured. I just pulled up the Animal Control number and was about to give a call, but a little voice told me to take another look. Sure enough, her mate flew off of the platform and they did the “birds and the bees” thing. Then she flew off. She’s been fine ever sense…but I lost track of which is the male and which is the female.

 

8 comments:

Jenny said...

You know how to make a gal feel envious Steve. Lovely, lovely sunrise photo. I'm glad the female wasn't injured and things turned out ok in the end.

Judy said...

What a view for first thing in the morning!!! You are so lucky@!

Roy Norris said...

Perhaps it was blood from a kill Steve. (Maybe)

Noemí Padrón said...

Bonita escena de amor, hermoso despertar...bonitas capturas

Abrazotes

Noemí

Arija said...

Amazing what a little nookie can do. Great view indeed Steve..

ladyfi said...

Wow - that first shot is glorious.

Irene said...

Amazing shots ... and a great story!

Irene

Beth said...

Great pics! Beth @ Life On Devils Hollow

Related Posts with Thumbnails