Tuesday, March 19, 2013

American Tree Sparrow

And yet another yard bird to add to the list. This is the American Tree Sparrow. I saw him foraging in one of the flower beds in the front yard. He wasn’t very tolerant of my presence and he flew off into the middle of a bush. These are the only two shots I got. I’m surprised that the camera focused on the bird!

This is the first time I’ve seen one in Massachusetts. It’s not a everyday bird for us.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Visit Wild Bird Wednesday.

11 comments:

mick said...

Great captures of the little sparrow. Bushes make terrific cover for birds - but terrible places for photographers!

eileeninmd said...

Steve, cute shots of the Tree Sparrow! I wish I saw them more around here. Thanks for sharing your WBW!

Karen said...

Great shots of this little bird, you are lucky the camera focused amongst all those branches.

HansHB said...

Great photos, perfect for WBW!
Well done!

Karen said...

I have heaps of these little guys at the feeders. I think they have the cutest faces! Great in the bushes shots!

Carletta said...

I'm impressed at how well you were able to get him in focus among all those branches - well done!

Stewart M said...

What a great little bird - the diversity of sparrows always surprises me.

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Gary said...

Nice capture!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Amanda said...

well done on not just having a picture of twigs! exciting to get photos on a bird you don't see much.

Neil said...

Great photos.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

I seldom see Tree Sparrows in our garden, but when I do, I love it. You got some great images to share~

Related Posts with Thumbnails