Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fire ‘n’ Ice

It’s been witch-tit cold here in the Atlantic North East. This morning it was 1oF when I got up. The furnace was running all night long. Not that I’m complaining. I can remember when I was a kid walking to school in Vermont, it would be so cold that the hair inside my nose would freeze. Yes, 1oF really isn’t much to write about. Anyone reading this from Central Canada or Minnesota is probably thinking, “Beach weather”.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

The sun was still up when I left work and by the time I got to Ipswich, the show was just starting. Above was the scene when I arrived home.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

The light changes fast, so I headed out into the salt marsh to see what I could do with the light. (Hmmm, The Doors, Light My Fire just came up on my player.)

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Sometimes I don’t know what direction to point the camera.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

I guess when you’re surrounded by fire and ice, it doesn’t really matter.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

The tide’s out.

©2013 Steve Borichevsky

Happy Friday! Stay warm, if your in a cold place. For those of you in the southern hemisphere, I hope you have some shade.

11 comments:

The Write Girl said...

Fire and ice is a great way to describe this spectacular view. I don't think I've ever lived in a place where it was one degree. That is cold! Stay warm!

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous winter captures Steve!! I think The Doors said it perfectly -- I would have wanted someone to light my fire on a cold day like this!! Thanks for the memory -- haven't heard that one in a long time!! Have a great weekend, Steve, and stay warm!

Karen said...

Fablous deep pink in the second shot! Minus 16F this morning here.

Jim said...

Beautiful shots. Great colours.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

ladyfi said...

What lovely pink tones!

Minus 22 C here - nostril hair freezing kind of weather!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

What a fantastic sky.. you captured it beautifully!

Roy Norris said...

Nice scenic shots Steve, but that vapour trail shot is something special.

eileeninmd said...

Steve, your skies are beautiful. And the colors are stunning. Lovely captures for skywatch. Have a great weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Steve, your skies are beautiful. And the colors are stunning. Lovely captures for skywatch. Have a great weekend!

Judy said...

What a wonderful sunset you had!! My favourite is the second image, with the contrail!

Ana said...

Amazing shoots, and magnificent colours. I really love to photograph the sky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails