Thursday, December 20, 2012

Don’t forget about me! I’m still here!

As I mentioned in my last post, we have made a move to a new location. Oh my, what a lot of work! I started with the packing crew on last Thursday, we did the move on Friday, cleaned out the old apartment on Saturday morning and started attacking the unpacking on Saturday.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Did we do the right thing? I think so. This is what we woke up to Saturday morning. But when we looked outside, this is what we saw out the window as dawn was breaking.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

We still have an extensive front yard.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

We live on the edge of the Great Saltmarsh that runs from Gloucester all the way up to New Hampshire. Yes, that is an Osprey nest in the center of the picture. Keep your fingers crossed!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

These salt marsh grasses are backlight by the first rays breaking over the rise.

Bear with me as I get my bearings and routine set up. I may be a bit spotty with the posting for a few weeks. Thanks for sticking with me.

22 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Congratulations on moving into your new home Steve. I wish you both many happy years there. That view is gorgeous!

Sharon M said...

Wow! I look forward to more photos of your new "yard!"

Roy Norris said...

Looking good for the future Steve.
Lots of great images to come from your camera next year.

Kerri said...

Oh how lovely!! It's going to be fun seeing all of the interesting creatures you post!!! Good luck with the unpacking! We're sticking!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

I'm sure you will miss the view. All are lovely, but I like the sea grass esp.

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I see now why it took so long to locate just the right place to move to. Enjoy as I know you will.

Linnea said...

That's a gorgeous view along with terrific shots. Enjoy the holidays and your new place. Thanks for stopping by!

Robin said...

Steve, looks like and exciting new place to explore!

namaki said...

Wow ! The sun lights fire in the marsh water ! that's magic !

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looks like a great move, Steve, and I love your photography! That last photo is incredible.

Shirley said...

The scenery alone is a huge selling point! Congratulations! I look forward to many more wonderful photos from your new home.

Kusum Sanu said...

Beautiful backlit sht!

Sylvia K said...

Looking good indeed!! What great views!! Moving is never fun, but they're generally worth the effort!! Great way to start the new year!! Wishing you and your family a wonderful, Merry Christmas in your new home!!

Sylvia

Jim said...

Terrific, especially the golden one.

Luna Miranda said...

wow, your front yard looks like a football field.:p the sunrise and the grasses are absolutely beautiful.

Gemma Wiseman said...

An awesome view that will change significantly with the passing seasons - not to mention the weather! So wonderful to watch! Enjoy your new world!

Maurizio Riccio said...

That last capture is really memorable.

NatureFootstep said...

wow. looks like a gorgeous place to move into. I bet those marches would be great for birding. Osprey? lovely. :)

Wishing you a Merry Christmas despite all boxes. :)

Jesh St Germain said...

The last two are my favorites! So spacious.

Laura said...

so beautiful!!! I live in NH surrounded by woodlands and bogs...a wonderful part of the country to live in.

bunnits said...

Looks beautiful--except for the unpacking shot. I have high hopes for the osprey nest...

Judy said...

I am so jealous that you are near the water, and i have to do with the Mighty Carp (four feet wide and two feet deep)...
I love that capture odf the marsh grasses!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails