Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday evening creature feature, White-winged Crossbills

Oh, have I got a treat for you today! Becky came into the apartment and said, “I think you should go to the park. I saw a finch, it was kind of red (she gestured on herself) from here on down and it had had black wings. So I was thinking, it must be a House Finch, but I don’t think Becky would have mentioned that because they are so common. No, if Becky makes a point of mentioning a bird, I better check it out.
Hokey Smoke, Bullwinkle! There is a flock of White-winged Crossbills! What fun! I haven’t seen Crossbills since I lived in the Rockies.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I used the one below for my 2013 Wild Bird Calendar for December. Did you know that you can have a copy too? Go to the right side panel and click on the calendar ad.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky


View more gifts at Zazzle.



Visit Camera Critters for more photos from the animal kingdom.

6 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh my ..... what a stunning bird!

DeniseinVA said...

I am really amazed at this bird and never knew it existed. I would have thought it was a hybrid of some kind. It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing it Steve.

Phil said...

Great shots Steve. I love the green- on-green one, so well camouflaged in the pine.

Roy Norris said...

There is a lesson there somewhere about always listening and taken notice of what the Lady Wife says Steve.{:))
Lovely images.

Huldra said...

What a beauty! :)

Kelly said...

...wonderful images! We have them here too. This irruption is exciting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails