Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gloucester’s Peregrine Falcons and the Schooner Weather Vane

A while back, Becky and I returned from a winter trip. When we got back, the weather vane on city hall was damaged by a storm. 

DSC_0002-1

A couple of Friday’s ago there was a crane lifting a cage up to the weather vane. Unfortunately, I was headed to a business lunch so I couldn’t get shots.

The results are quite pleasing. The restoration on the historic building have been progressing quite well.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

And I’m pleased to say that the Peregrine Falcons are regularly seen. I took these last weekend.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The repaired weather vane.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Which brings to mind a video I fond on Youtube a while back. I’ve posted it before, but it bears showing again.

 

Fortunately, the good folks at GoodMorningGloucester have done a great job at covering the repair. Check it out!

In other news, Zazzle.com is still running 25% off calendars today. Calendar production is quite expensive, and I do what I can to keep the prices down, so I want to be sure that you can get the best deal. Free shipping is generally offered on orders over $50. They make great gifts. And even if you would rather buy someone else’s, that’s fine. Better yet, you can even make one of your own!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails