Friday, November 2, 2012

Forgotten Photo Friday, three birds from Hawaii

It is hard to believe that it has been eleven months since our trip to Hawaii. Not only that, but it is Forgotten Photo Friday. The reason for Forgotten Photo Friday is that sometimes I grab an image or five that I plan on posting and then the next butterfly flutters by or some such distraction and I’ve got something else more timely to show. Thank goodness that they didn’t have Ritalin when I was a kid or they would have doped me out of my gourd.

First up is an introduced species, the Java Sparrow, which if my memory serves me well is my father-in-law’s favorite bird from the trip.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Next is the Pacific Golden Plover. These are very common on the Big Island. What fun! These plovers are migrants found in Hawaii during the winter season.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Here is a little beach bum, the Zebra Dove. This is another feral species.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

4 comments:

Carver said...

Wonderful shots of the birds.

Kerri said...

Super shots ..... LOVE LOVE LOVE that Zebra dove :)

Carol Mattingly said...

That Dove image is absolutely gorgeous. As is all of your images. Carol

dAwN said...

Very cool birds! Must get there sometime to see them. Liked that Zebra Dove allot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails