Wednesday, November 21, 2012

East Poultney, Vermont

East Poultney, Vermont is the town next to the town where I grew up. This is just down the road from where my father grew up. The schoolhouse is was built in 1896. It recently received fresh paint in its Victorian era colors.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

See that little white house on the left of the school? I believe it is the first place my parents lived after they got married. My mother tells me that people used to come in the fall and photograph the maple trees at the green, which is behind where I was standing when I took this picture. Go figure, that’s exactly what I’m doing!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The schoolhouse is open on Sundays from 1:00 to 4:00 in the summer months. Below is Saint John’s Episcopal Church, built in 1831. There are a few more historic buildings in the on the East Poultney Green but the lighting conditions were highly unfavorable when we were passing through.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Other East Poultney trivia.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

1 comment:

Roy Norris said...

A lovely colourful building Steve.
Looks right for autumn as well.{:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails