Friday, October 19, 2012

Making the turn

Late Wednesday afternoon I got into my car and headed out for home. I got around the first corner and saw that the road was backed up with some of my mates that tried to leave earlier. Clearly, I wasn’t going anywhere. So I grabbed my gear and walked over to Great Republic street and checked out the action. What you see is one of the turbine blades coming into the industrial park.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I’m now standing on Great Republic looking at the ginormous blade.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The truck is now backing up and the blade is being guided into the neighbor’s parking lot.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Okay, now up Great Republic…

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Gadzooks, are you getting the idea that this is a long haul?

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

These blades are shaped with a long, graceful curve.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

One last tight turn…

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

up to the jobsite. 

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Here it will be staged pending assembly.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

3 comments:

Roy said...

This is turning into quite an event there Steve.

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

If they made these wind turbines any bigger I doubt the blades would be able to negotiate through city streets. I am enjoying the process you are documenting.

Noemí Padrón said...

He estado muy liada y no he podido comentarte...voy a aprovechar que es domingo :-)
Impresionante...Uno cuando ve las hojas en su lugar no les parece tan enorme y el trabajo que tiene ponerla allí...IMPRESIONANTE... Abrazotes

Noemí

Related Posts with Thumbnails