Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Autumn Meadowhawk, the close of a season.

Alas, this is my favorite dragonfly spot. I had hoped to capture some Autumn Meadowhawks on the foliage this year but we have had a lot of rain in September and October. Only recently has it been nice out. These picture were taken on Saturday before the storm came in.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

As in the beginning of the season, I can usually find some dragons on the ballast on the railroad tracks that run through the Great Swamp in Dogtown. Sure enough, that’s the only place I could find some dragons sunning on the stones.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

As a treat for you, I have created a short video made from clips of some of the dragons of the 2012 season. Enjoy!

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful dragonfly captures!

Chris said...

Great to see dragonfly taking sun! I might as well do it if the sun pops up, but that's not gonna be the case in the coming month. Nice vid too!!

Noushka said...

Brilliant!
I love the short movies and to discover "your" species!
I am a fan of dragons myself!
Nice to discover your space! ;-)
Cheers from France!

Dan Huber said...

Great shots and video Steve.

Related Posts with Thumbnails