Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Morning Preparations for the Parade of Sails

It was a wonderful morning on the harbor. I teamed up with blogging buddy Jay from Cape Ann Images to go out and take some wonderful images. Before the parade, the schooners do the last minute preparations before the festivities begin.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

From left to right, the Tillicum I from Saltspring Island, British Columbia, Canada, the Perception, the Merchant Marine ship Summerwind, and the Spirit of Massachusetts.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Up from Boston is the Liberty Clipper.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The Tillicum, Summerwind, Estrela from Prudence Island, RI and Green Dragon from Boston.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The tug Monkey.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The American Eagle from Rockland, Maine next to the Sea Farmer.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I just had to take a shot of this wooden boat that was making its way around the harbor.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The lighting was tricky and quite variable so I’ve got 526 photos to cull through. That will keep me busy for a while. We got some good images, be sure to stop by Jay’s blog to check his out, too.

3 comments:

Jay Albert said...

Great shots Steve!
You out shot me...I took 462 shots. I'm still going through them and so far no duplicates!

fareastsails said...

Great post on Sail preparation. Thanks for sharing.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Again, amazing! I confess to loving the tug Monkey and that cool-o wooden boat just as much as the schooners. Lovely! I'll go check out Jay's in a bit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails