Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday Evening Creature Feature and the Definition of Insanity

One definition of insanity, it has been said, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Well, yes, I do the same thing over and over and I do expect a different result. So by that standard, I’m stark, raving bonkers.

Here’s the deal, and any outdoor photographer knows this, every moment is different. Every light situation is different. Every creature has it’s own personality. With these personalities comes individual behavior. As an example, take Brant. Here in the north east, you cannot get close to them. In Hawaii, I can walk along side them.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

This year’s rhythm of nature brought the Common Terns into Gloucester Harbor as usual. However the bait fish were in areas inaccessible to me and I’ve learned to live with the fact that this year, I’ll wouldn’t get a unique shot of a Common Tern in Gloucester harbor.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

So these shots are okay, but I find myself doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

And as fun as it is to go out and bag a photo or two, I’m quite restless still.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Yup, the same old, same old.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

What the hell am I doing with my life? I’ve shot this before.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Then, BOOOO-ya!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Cha-ching!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Yes, we outdoor photographers do the same thing over and over and yes we do get different results. In your face, APA!

8 comments:

Sharon M said...

Great ending to this post. ;-)

Cheri said...

You must be very patient! :)

Noemí Padrón said...

Wonderfull :-)Marvellous. The last two I love. I'm also crazy, darn crazy for years and sometimes getting the same result .... I'm very very bad :-)

Regards

Noemí

Mama Zen said...

I love it!

VALKYRIEN said...

Hahaha! I know what you are talking about, i do the same over and over again! But I love the ending of your post, that is a lovely picture! Such a beautiful light!

joy said...

Awesome shots:) yes, never the same result:)

TonyC said...

Great shots as always Steve. I am the same with Whiskered Terns here. Even using the car as a hide, they always seem to stay just that little bit to far away.......unless I'm looking into the sun!!

Red Nomad OZ said...

Hahaha! So much for that theory, huh?! And if you're not out there trying, the 1 in 1000000 shot won't EVER happen!!

Red Nomad OZ
Amazing Australian Adventures

Related Posts with Thumbnails