Monday, September 3, 2012

Parade of Sails forming up.

These are some of the toughest light conditions that I face during the year. As you can see, the sky is overcast and patchy. This means that I cannot just settle into an exposure setup and just relax. I have to be on my toes, watching the tonal quality of the scenes, make exposure compositions on the fly and hope I don’t screw it up too badly. With all this going on, this is what I love to do, it’s fast and furious out there. Everywhere you look there is a picture. Going out with a shooter like Jay (Cape Ann Images) just makes it a whole lot of fun.

Continuing the Schooner Festival Parade of Sails photo shoot project for 2012, let’s go back into the North Channel. The American Eagle has backed out of her slip and prepares to head out.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

In the Entrance Channel, the Gloucester Harbor Patrol Boat preps the water cannon.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Gloucester’s Sugar Babe in the Entrance Channel.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The Sugar Babe and the fishing vessel Stanly Thomas.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Looking back toward the North Channel, the schooners are forming up. The Adventure on the right, the American Eagle in the middle and the Thomas E. Lannon on the left.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Here comes the Lannon.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky©2012 Steve Borichevsky

A water cannon salute in the Western Harbor.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Jay and I headed to the Western Harbor to grab a good spot. The Lannon, the Ardelle and the Tillicum I from British Columbia, Canada.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

No offence Jay, but next year, I’m hopping aboard the Ardelle.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The sky is beginning to open up. I think that we can get down to some serious work here shortly. Keep checking in, right now I’ve got some more dark room work to do.

3 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Just keeping working Steve. I'll keeping stopping by. Wished I was there. Love the shot with the schooner and the old house in the background. Carol

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

I'm gobsmacked. Seriously. These are making my mouth water - such beauty there, Steve. Thank you so much for sharing!

Noemí Padrón said...

Sinceramente...TE ENVIDIO...Preciosos

Abrazotes

Noemí

Related Posts with Thumbnails