Sunday, September 9, 2012

One of the toughest little flowers

I was taking a constitutional through Dogtown the other day. Along the railroad tracks I found this little plant growing in the ballast.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

My wildflower book tells me that it is called Blue Curls.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

This plant is in the mint family.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky©2012 Steve Borichevsky

It likes dry, open, sandy or sterile sites.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Visit Today's Flowers for more flowery photos.

6 comments:

Luna Miranda said...

it's a beauty! and i love the color.

Moth Orchid

DeniseinVA said...

These are lovely and Steve, thank you so much for sharing your super photos with us at Today's Flowers. Really appreciate the support. Have a great week!

Cheri said...

I am thinking it may like where I live!

Noemí Padrón said...

Te han quedado muy bien...Las flores azules son sin duda alguna mis preferidas...

La que espero tener alguna vez en mi jardín es " La rosa azul"...Aunque se han invertido muchísimos millones para obtenerla y lo más parecido la consiguió la empresa japonesa Suntory, pero su color no llega al azul, es un burdeos, no todos sus pigmentos son azules...

Puede que sea un imposible, pero espero tener una :-)

Y éstas que has captado, como todas las azules, son preciosas.

Abrazotes

Noemí

Helen said...

Beautiful. First time to see one for me.

guild-rez said...

Thank you for showing this lovely wildflower and your great pictures. I do appreciate the information as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails