Friday, September 21, 2012

Forgotten Photo Friday, Semipalmated Sandpiper

At the very end of August in 2008, I took these photos of Semipalmated Sandpipers hunting for tasty morsels in a bank of washed up sea vegetables. There were about six birds, including a Spotted Sandpiper and a Least Sandpiper.

Semipalmated Sandpiper 8-29-2008 10-19-05 AM

Semipalmated Sandpiper 8-29-2008 10-14-29 AM

Semipalmated Sandpiper 8-29-2008 10-17-10 AM

I look at these photos I took four years ago and wonder if I’ve progressed since then. I don’t know. These photos set the bar pretty high. I consider it one of the my best shorebird photo-shoots ever.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Great shots. They blend in well with their environment.

Carol Mattingly said...

These are beautiful images Steve and I love shorebird shots. Carol

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

These would be tough for anyone to top, Steve. The bird is beautiful in and of itself, but that background makes the shot. All those colors and textures, oh my!

Roy said...

They certainly are stunning shots Steve, how do you improve on perfection.?

Noemí Padrón said...

Pues sí...Un listón bastante alto, sí...Te quedaron genial...Preciosas aves y un desenfocado muy acertado...

Todo es disfrutar del momento y la fotografía....Cuando menos lo esperes te superas a ti mismo.

Abrazotes

Noemí

Related Posts with Thumbnails