Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Evening Creature Feature, Painted Lady

I saw quite a few Monarchs and Ladies flying about yesterday during the work day. Alas, I cannot go chasing butterflies when I’m on the clock.

After work I took a walk along the waterfront to decompress and found a flowerbed with two Painted Ladies. Good thing I brought my gear!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

One thing that I find interesting is that these bugs have eyes that look like they have lenses and irises. It would be hard to imagine such eyes on an insect as they have compound eyes.

Feel free to check out the other bugs in my butterfly collection.

3 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Beautiful. Carol

Kerri said...

Oh I'm In LOVE!! These are fabulous!!
I haven't seen too many Monarchs here yet :( But I've seen either this Painted Lady or American Lady a lot in the past few days..... I'm in butterfly heaven :)

Dan Huber said...

Super shots Steve, I havn't seen any painted ladies yet, i love their colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails