Monday, August 20, 2012

First Morning in Germany

After catching up on some emails from work and getting a good night’s sleep, it was time to get ready for the day. I threw open the curtains and was greeted by this view.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Looking around I could see a Leica factory. This area is well known in the optics industry.

IMG_0094

And looking down and to the left is a little café space on the back of the restaurant.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

After breakfast and waiting for my ride, I’m getting the idea that they sell Licher Beer here.

IMG_0137

Across from the Hotel Wetzlarer Hof is this funky house. When Becky sees this, she’s going to get after me to buy a tilt-shift lens. Normally when my wife tells me to buy more gear, she’s telling me to stop thinking about it a just do it, i.e. stop pestering her about wanting to buy more gear. In this case, she learned about tilt-shift lenses and thought it would be cool if I had one and she could use it. (And at $2000.00 it better be cool!)  I may just have to buy one so she stops pestering me. But I digressed again. I’ve always thought this house was rather unusual and I wonder if the carpenter forgot his framing square when he arrived on the job site.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

It is a cheery little place with a nice flower garden. My ride arrived and it was time to put my point-and-shoot into my pocket and go off for the day’s meetings. Tomorrow, I’ll show you some snaps from Wetzlar.

5 comments:

Sharon M said...

Germany always looks like such a happy place! mmm beer.

Carol Mattingly said...

Beautiful. Carol

Judy said...

That is such a beautiful house!! One thing I hate about modern buildings is how they all look the same. This looks like nothing else! And I love the window box!!

Noemí Padrón said...

Yo también desearía despertarme ahí :-)...Hermoso lugar...

Un abrazo

Noemí

Cheri said...

Love these photos, everything is so green and lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails