Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Prado and Banco de España

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The first museum we wanted to see was “The Prado” or Museo Nacional del Prado. If you go to Madrid, this is a must see. The Prado does not allow photos. I would have loved to take pictures of people enjoying the art as part of my education into street photography. But this was a time to put the camera down and take notes. But I do have some shots of the outside!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I call this photo, “Art and Religion”. There is a beautiful church overlooking The Prado.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

What was really great was there is a temporary exhibit displaying Rafael’s paintings.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I was pretty excited to see the many of the paintings that I have know about, but never thought I’d get to see. Besides Rafael, there were paintings by Goya, Rubens, Tintoretto, Rembrandt, Caravaggio and many more. So the point of this post is that we went, it was cool, you should go too!

Walking back to the Metro, I took some photos of Banco de España.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

 

This is a very busy confluence of several streets!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

We took the metro just about everywhere we went. Fast, clean and efficient.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

1 comment:

Carol Mattingly said...

The architecture is breathtaking Steve. Love these images. Carol

Related Posts with Thumbnails