Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mercado de San Miguel

Continuing with my experimentation with street photography in Madrid, I took some shots at the Mercado de San Miguel.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I love shooting in markets. The colors, the people, the layers, all of it. Located near the Plaza Mayor de Madrid, the Mercado is a great place to stop for a bite to eat.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky©2012 Steve Borichevsky

You can get produce,  pastries,

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

jamón,

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

tapas, beer and wine. Notice the black hooves on these hams. Yesterday I talked about jamón ibérico so you know what these are quality hams. This man is an expert in carving the ham. He better be, this ham is selling for 16.5 euros per 100 grams!


©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Below are two shots from a paella vendor. The large pans on the left and arroz negro (black rice) on the right. This is classic dish made with squid and squid ink.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky©2012 Steve Borichevsky

If you’re a foodie, head for Plaza de San Miguel as there are lots of eateries in the area.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

1 comment:

Carol Mattingly said...

Steve I love the way you embraced these spanish culture. I love outdoor markets. The only one I ever really saw other than the old market we had in Louisville was the market in Seattle. That one was fantastic. This one resembles that to me. Carol

Related Posts with Thumbnails