Friday, July 27, 2012

Forgotten Photo Friday, Portsmouth Navy Yard

From deep in the archives comes two shots from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. I took a tourist tug cruise around New Castle Island and we saw this submarine coming up the Piscataqua River. I was shooting into the sun and, well, rather nervous about taking shot of the sub so I didn’t have much time to think about the shot. I was preoccupied by all the Navy and Police boats buzzing around and the sailors with guns on the sub. I wasn’t sure if pointing cameras at a sub would be hazardous to my health.

DSC_0010

DSC_0060

3 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

And to think I volunteered for submarine duty. What was I thinking? I wasn't and was able to get out of it.

Noemí Padrón said...

But that picture you could get sick:-) Very good. congratulations

Saludos

Noemí

Ingrid said...

I even feel nervous photographing from a legitimate public park, facing the Port of Seattle property. I can imagine the nerves you encountered on this expedition. That first image is just awesome ... like a massive, industrial Orca. Great photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails