Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wasp taking nectar

I don’t know a whole lot about bugs. Sure dragons and butterflies but not wasps.  I don’t have a clue what this is. I only take interest because it just doesn’t look like a nectar feeder.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

He seems to be digging it.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Yesterday, I was mentioning that I was having trouble with the D5100 + 300mm combo. This is the same gear. Easy-peasy sixty second photo edit job. You just never know!

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Visit Today's Flowers for more flowery photos.

8 comments:

Whitemist said...

most wasps are great polinators and they keep down the nasties in your garden (worms eating your vegetables) as well!

Kenneth said...

Great shots!

eirejay83 said...

Hi,

Love the pics! Bugs on flowers make great subjects! Especially the last one, looks like there is a little one peering around the petal afraid to come for lunch :-)

betty said...

You and your new camera create wonders. Perhaps, this is a "thread-waisted wasp."

Randi said...

Amazing shots! I have never seen this little wasp here in Sweden. It looks very exotic.

Randi said...

Amazing shots! I have never seen this little wasp here in Sweden. It looks very exotic.

Steve Borichevsky said...

You're absolutely right, Whitemist, when it comes to bugs, you want carnivors in the garden.

Thanks Kenneth, glad you stopped by.

Ah, cool, thanks Betty!

Hi Randi, this means a lot coming from a photographer like you.

Artlover said...

I say the same; Great shots from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails