Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday Evening Creature Feature, Monarch Caterpillar

Last weekend, I tried to get out to get some fresh pictures. I was walking to my favorite dragonfly destination when I spied this little Monarch caterpillar on a milkweed plant.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I was rather happy because I have never seen a Monarch in this stage. One week later, the sun is out and my caterpillar is on the same plant.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Happily, I took a few photos and went on my walk.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Three hours later on my return, I notice that he was back on the flower buds and had a friend with him.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I’ll have to go back next week and see how they are doing. Maybe latter on in the year, I can add these to my butterfly collection.

Visit Camera Critters for more photos from the animal kingdom.

6 comments:

Carletta said...

Lovely shots and I hope you do get to add them to your collection!

bunnits said...

I had a couple on some of my plants last year, but they never made it to adulthood. :(

chubskulit said...

She's pretty!

My Critter post. Have a great weekend.

Carol Mattingly said...

Gorgeous Steve. Carol

VioletSky said...

Oh, lucky you!

Judy said...

Maybe with the spring being so early this year, the monarchs will get far enough north that I will be able to see some caterpillars, too!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails