Sunday, June 10, 2012

Laurel

A couple of weeks ago, I saw that the Sheep Laurel was about to bloom. Then came the rain and I wasn’t willing to drench may gear. I went to the area where I spotted the buds and they had gone by. But I was happy to find another patch that was doing well. So this year, I have Sheep Laurel for you.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

The Mountain Laurel is also blooming.

 ©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

And what are wildflower without some bugs? Here a spider is waiting for some prey to stop by.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Visit Today's Flowers

11 comments:

dAwN said...

I love mountain laurel. Love to pick off a flower and use the sticky back to attach it to my clothing.

Jane said...

Beautiful shots, and I love the spider that's also captured. Thanks for sharing:)

Carletta said...

I have never heard of Sheep Laurel. I like the way it seems to burst out from the plant.
Lovely shots and the little spider was a wonderful bonus!

Carol Mattingly said...

Love Laurel no matter what the time. They are gorgeous Steve. Carol

Roy said...

Beautiful images Steve.

vincibene said...

Wonderful pictures! I never saw the blooms, only the leaves.

cindyzlogic said...

Gorgeous blooms!

Jana said...

I found your blog today and loved it. Great photography I look forward to getting to know your blog better in time. I spent time looking around and look forward to more. Beautiful.

chubskulit said...

Exotic beauties!

Gigantic Flowers

Judy said...

Beautiful flowers! I have never seen them before!! I love the colouring on the mountain laurel!!

Luna Miranda said...

absolutely beautiful! the white variety is elegant.

Related Posts with Thumbnails