Friday, June 8, 2012

Forgotten Photo Friday, Belted Kingfisher

Happy Friday. Belted Kingfishers are not difficult to find. You can often hear their rattling call before you spot them flying along the waterways. I’ve seen them all over the country, however I’ve never photographed one. As a matter of fact, I’ve never even exposed a single frame on one.

In September of 2009, I was up in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and found this one. I got off three shots before she took off.  Here she is looking down into the Piscataqua River looking for a fish to snatch.

Belted Kingfisher 02 September 2009 - 001©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Belted Kingfisher 02 September 2009 - 002©2011 Steve Borichevsky

Belted Kingfisher 02 September 2009 - 003©2011 Steve Borichevsky

4 comments:

Judy said...

Seems funny to see her being still! I seem to only see them when they are on the move!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Great shots, Steve. I've never been successful capturing one digitally - they're quick and skittish. And loud!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

The only Kingfisher I have ever photographed had a fish in it's mouth almost as big as he was. It was if now that he had this fish he didn't know what to do with it.

Kerri said...

Awesome!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails