Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Common Whitetail

Last Saturday, I kvetched about the shooting conditions and results I had with a patch of dragonflies. These are the other dragons that I saw in that small area. There was the Common Pondhawk that I showed you and three Common Whitetails.
Here is a Female.
©2012 Steve Borichevsky
Here is a male.
©2012 Steve Borichevsky
The temperature was cool and the Whitetails were lethargic. Usually, the Whitetails are skittish.
©2012 Steve Borichevsky
The female again.
©2012 Steve Borichevsky
The young males’ abdomens are brown and they turn white as they age.
©2012 Steve Borichevsky

2 comments:

Kay said...

I have never seen a "speckled" dragonfly before. I was lucky enough to photograph an orange one and also a turquoise one at the fish pond at our local mall last year.

Dan Huber said...

Super close up captures Steve. I need to get and go dragon hunting soon i think

Related Posts with Thumbnails