Monday, June 25, 2012

Common Buckeye

I found a Common Buckeye walking in Dogtown on a Lance-leaved Coreopsis flower.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

I was hoping that there would be other opportunities, however it preferred sunning in the dirt on the path.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

No matter, there are other bugs to shoot on the coreopsis.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

Be sure to stop by tomorrow. I’ll have some wonderful bird shots from a little hot-spot I know of.

3 comments:

Friend of HK said...

Beautiful eyespots!

Sharon M said...

Buckeyes are gorgeous. Love your photos.

Carol Mattingly said...

Steve I love those butterflies. They are so cool with those beautiful 'dots' on their wings. I am loving your new header Steve. Totally cool. Carol

Related Posts with Thumbnails