Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another conversation with the Harlequin Darner

“Hey, you’re back. I see you have some new gear.”

“Well, hello Mr. Harlequin Darner. Yes, I do. I picked up a new lens. It set me back some brass, but I think it was worth it.”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“I see you still have that cheap tripod, Steve. What gives?”

“Yes, maybe some day. I thought the money would be better spent on glass at this point. I use a remote shutter release so it works just fine. Next year, I’ll have to get a new set of legs.”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“So, how’s the new lens working out for you?”

“Take a look. You know how skittish those Common Whitetails are?”

“Yea, they act like they are at the bottom of the food chain.”

“Well, here’s a shot taken from about 10 feet in bright light.”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“And check out this Spangled Skimmer.”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“That’s cool, Steve-O, but how is it for shooting at longer distances?”

“I find that it does pretty good. Here is a shot of a Yellow Warbler that I took at quite a distance. He’s not going to be on the cover of GQ, but still, for a long shot, it’s pretty good.”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“I’m also finding that for birds in flight, it does well. Check out this Great Egret…”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“…same picture, but cropped down.”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“Say, I’ve noticed your eyes are greener than they were a couple of weeks ago.”

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

“Yes, Steve, that is correct. I’m getting older now. I’ll be around until the beginning of July.”

“Well, okay. I’ll be back, Mr. Harleqin. This is my favorite place to see you guys.” And then he flew off to the top of a juniper tree.

©2012 Steve Borichevsky

4 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

I'd say your new 'glass' is doing just fine.

Kerri said...

LOVE this post!!! Great captures!

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

Very nice. Money well spent.

Helen said...

Great shoots!
Congrats on your news lens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails